T5 Transmission Fluid Type

Fox body mustang transmission fluid capacity. They both take a bit under 3 qts.

Volvo Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 Liter Aisin 31256774

Volvo Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 Liter Aisin 31256774

T5 transmission fluid type. Do not use gear oil in the t5 transmission since this may damage the blocking ring material. Some significant modifications were available beginning around 1985 as the transmission made the transition from the non world class to the world class model. This fluid has a number of duties in the transmission including lubrication cooling and clutch application. Wc t5s were introduced in the 1985 ford model year and 1987 chevy model year. The transmission is quite light with reported weights being between 70 to 75 pounds. Oil type for t5 transmission those are factory recommendations but even the factory changed their minds in the mid late 80s and began using atf in nwc.

The t 5s all came with a tag that ids the trans. Refer the vehicle owners manual or service manual for lubricant specifications. A4ld approx 95 qts including torque converter approx 3qtys pan and filter service only atf fluid. The most important feature of any lubricating fluid is the viscosity. The transmission fluid capacity of the t5 is 28 quarts. T5 approx 28qts syncromesh fluid.

The t5 transmission was a 5 speed manual transmission that was first produced in 1980 by borg warner. The wc t 5 came out in about 85 i think so your 84 may be a non wc. The lubricant required for wc t5s is automatic transmission fluid atf. Caution do not mix different bands or types of transmission lubricant. My understanding is that the non world class t 5 use 70 wt gear oil because of a gear difference and bronze syncros but that the world class t 5s use atf fluid. The t5 is the longest running five speed overdrive standard shift transmission spanning more than 30 years of production.

Aod approx 12 qts including torque converter approx 5qts pan and filter service only atf fluid. Most t5 transmission models use dexron ii automatic transmission fluid. While there are numerous configurations of the t5 because of the large quantities of t5s produced many parts are interchangeable. I use synthetic atf in all my t5s now and have had no issues wc or nwc. Atf even provides the connection between the engine and transmission through a hydraulic coupling called a torque converter. Lubricants are specified to provide the longest service life of the gear box as a system.

Automatic transmissions use a special type of oil called automatic transmission fluid or atf.

Gallery of T5 Transmission Fluid Type

Fox Body Ford Mustang Fluid Capacity 1979 1993 Lmr
Download Now
Fox Body Ford Mustang Fluid Capacity 1979 1993 Lmr
Transmission Fluid Level Check Volvo S60 2001 2009 2008
Download Now
Transmission Fluid Level Check Volvo S60 2001 2009 2008
Details About Volvo V50 C70 V70 4 Quart Automatic Transmission Fluid Jws3309 Aisin 1161540
Download Now
Details About Volvo V50 C70 V70 4 Quart Automatic Transmission Fluid Jws3309 Aisin 1161540
1999 Ford Mustang T5 Transmission Speedometer Drive Assembly
Download Now
1999 Ford Mustang T5 Transmission Speedometer Drive Assembly
Gear Oil 101 Which Lube Is Right For Your Manual
Download Now
Gear Oil 101 Which Lube Is Right For Your Manual
Amazon Com Volvo 2000 Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 Liter
Download Now
Amazon Com Volvo 2000 Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 Liter
T5 Transmission Specs And Parts Guide Hcdmag
Download Now
T5 Transmission Specs And Parts Guide Hcdmag